Anyone who has ever been to Nashville can attest to the fact that it is an awesome city. But Nashville has become known as a great place to relocate to for a variety of reasons. Not only was Nashville listed as one of the 10 best places to live and work in America, it is also home to one of the lowest costs of living in the Nation. Here are 10 other reasons why Nashville is a good choice for relocation.
1. Nashville is home to an appreciating real estate market. With home values on the rise, home owners are seeing a great return on their investments. The current market is etimated at having a 4 1/2 month supply of homes. Naturally this is a great environment for real estate investors who are seeking to increase their equity. The current median home price in Nashville is $295,000 and average price per square foot is $204 a 6% increase from last year.
2. One of the most attractive aspects of Nashville is its central location in the South. Tennessee has easy access to numerous surrounding states. Need some beach time? It’s only an 8 hour drive to Florida/Alabama coast line. Nashville is also located within a one day drive of 50% of the U.S. population.
3. Tennessee is one of only 7 U.S. states with no personal income tax. As you can imagine this is a bit of a money saver!
4. Nashville is home to a great local arts scene. There is an abundance of live theater and cultural events that showcase the history and culture of this beautiful city. There is never a shortage of things to do or see in Nashville.
5. No list of Nashville’s assets would be complete without mentioning the local music scene. This is the heart of the nation’s country music scene. It is also the home of the world famous “Grande Ole Opry” which is one of America’s best known and most beloved venues.
6. The Nashville area is blessed by a bounty of beautiful lakes and parks such as Percy Priest Lake, Marrowbone Lake, Old Hickory Lake and Tims Ford Lake to name a few. This is truly some of the most stunning countryside in the nation. Gently rolling hills and prairies set a picturesque backdrop for the homes and properties.
7. Nashville is renowned for its friendly people and southern hospitality. This area is home to a diverse and cultural population, it is not hard to find your place in Nashville. This is the kind of community where new residents immediately feel like they are a part of something special.
8. If you are a sports fan, Nashville is a fantastic place to live. With pro football’s Tennessee Titans and the Nashville Predators of the NHL any sports fan will have their calendars full of things to do and games to see. Try visiting on a day that the Titans and Predators play on the same day. What an amazing experience in the streets of Nashville on Broadway Steet.
9. As a national focal point for relocation, Nashville has a remarkably cosmopolitan make up. This city is host to a varied blend of commerce and industry and the outlying areas are home to a thriving agricultural sector. This is also one of the reasons that Nashville is known to be one of the hottest real estate markets in the U.S.
10. What more could be said about the climate in Nashville aside from the fact that it is beautiful, year round. The average temperature in Nashville is 73 degrees! You could really wear shorts at least 10 months out of the year.
There are numerous other reasons to consider Nashville for relocation, in fact there are simply too many to list in such a small space. Nashville has excellent employment opportunities, numerous places of worship of all denominations, and excellent health care. Maybe you should check out Nashville sooner rather than later.
Southern Living Realty Partners have been helping buyers and sellers in Nashville for over two decades. You can visit www.MichaelShrader.com to see all Nashville and its surrounding area’s homes for sale.